Thursday, January 29, 2015

I'm back!

As I was putting Jake to bed last night and he laid that sweet little head on my shoulder as I stood by his crib like I do every night.  Then as he does every night, he flopped his body so that he was being cradled in my arms like a baby, I realized that I wanted to get back into documenting these precious little moments that are flying by right before my eyes.  I want to always remember my bedtime routine with him where I change him into pj's and change his diaper while he squirms around like a crazy person, then sit on the floor looking at books with him, then finally standing by his crib to sing him "take me out to the ball game" (great lullabye, I know, but he loves it).  Laying him into the crib as he's signing "more" for one more song before I leave his room. 

I want to look back in a few months/years/decades and re-read this with my kids/hubby and smile thinking about all of these sweet little routines, the great times, the sad times, the hard times, the accomplishments, etc.  I want to remember it all.  Abbie is 6 now, and I already don't remember even a tenth of what I swore in the moment, I would never forget.  Truth is, my memory sucks (thanks mom, totally inherited that gene from you)!  So this is my solution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment