Sunday, November 27, 2011

Rockin’ around, the Christmas Tree…

 

 IMG_0043

                      IMG_9998 IMG_0016

IMG_0057

We continued the tradition (I know, I love Traditions!) of getting our Christmas tree as soon as the table was cleared of the turkey, okay, it wasn’t that soon, but it was the day after.  Abbie and Tess had a great time running around Lowes (TJ wouldn’t let us cut one down after the fiasco last year) trying to find the perfect tree.  We decided on 2 this year, one pretty one upstairs for Mommy and one pretty one downstairs for all of the family ornaments, and the place where we plan to spend Christmas morning, the tree where Santa will be delivering presents.

We decorated after Tess went to bed for obvious reasons, sorry Tess—maybe next year.  She didn’t seem to mind though, she woke up the next morning just in time to help put on the finishing touches of the tree upstairs. 

Abbie had a wonderful time going through all of the ornaments and picking out her favorites.  I decided to carry on the tradition that my mom had of being the one who goes through all of the ornaments, tells the story behind them (I write it down because I’m a little too much like my mom in that I can’t remember anything—ever!)  and hands them to everyone to put on the tree.  Abbie loved hearing the stories and wanted to know where every single one came from and why it was special.  I can’t even explain the joy of seeing Christmas through her eyes.  And Tess’ little face the next morning when she saw it—priceless.  Even though I’m pretty sure she has no idea this year, it’s still fun to see her take it all in.  Next year will be a whole other story, i’m sure!  Let the Christmas Season begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment