Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Perfect Fall Day!

IMG_9613   IMG_9612 IMG_9602IMG_9599IMG_9611

 IMG_9656 IMG_9667 IMG_9607         IMG_9630IMG_9659

As I’ve gotten older (and wiser), Fall has quickly become my favorite season.  The weather, the beautiful colors, the smells, pumpkin pies, football…there’s just nothing bad about fall.  Abbie has been asking when we could jump in the leaves, so we took advantage of a non-rainy day (it’s been the rainiest fall I can remember) and headed to our neighbors to rake up some leaves.  They had a great time and once again, I got to sit back and enjoy watching my girls delight in the rite of passage that is Fall.  I remember doing the same thing as a kid with my cousins in my Nanny and Pop’s front yard; and watching these girls today brought me back to that simple time in my life.  I wish more than anything that my Nanny could be here to see her great-grandgirls.  Nothing in the world made her happier than having her family around and she would have been tickled with all of her great grandchildren!  I miss her more than words can express.

No comments:

Post a Comment